Elections & Voting
In-Person Voting hours for the November 3, 2020 General Election
- Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- Extended hours:
- Thursday, October 22nd and Thursday, October 29th, 8 am to 7 pm
- Saturday, October 24th and Saturday, October 31st, 9 am to 3 pm
Where Do I Vote? Will My Polling Place Be Open on Election Day?
You can find your polling location along with a list of candidates and a sample ballot for your precinct on the Minnesota Secretary of State’s Polling Place Finder.
Options for Returning Absentee / Mail Ballots
Voters have multiple options for returning their absentee or mail ballot:
- Return it in the first-class, postage-paid envelope included with their ballot. Ballots must be postmarked by election day to be counted, so ensure at least five business days for return by mail.
- Voters can drop their ballot off in person at the Crow Wing County elections office, Historic Courthouse, 326 Laurel Street, Brainerd, during regular business hours of 8 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday. The office will be open additional hours on October 22nd and 29th until 7 pm and October 24th and 31st from 9 am to 3 pm.
- From October 16th – November 2nd there will be a drive-through drop off available during business hours at the Crow Wing County parking lot at the corner of 4th and Laurel Streets in Brainerd. Election judges will be staffing the drop off site from 8 am – 5 pm; the drive through site will not be available outside of business hours.
- Voters can designate an agent to return their ballot to the elections office for them. Agents may not deliver ballots for more than 3 voters in this election and will have to show identification and sign an affidavit of agent delivery when dropping off ballots for others.
Mail Ballot Precincts
If you live in one of the following cities or townships, ballots will be automatically mailed to all registered voters in these precincts by September 30th. Eligible voters in these precincts who are not currently registered will need to apply to register and request a ballot. You can apply online at mnvotes.org or by contacting the county elections office at 218-824-1051. Your local polling place will not be open on election day. You may return your ballot by mail or in person at the Crow Wing County Historic Courthouse, 326 Laurel Street, Brainerd, MN 56401 during regular business hours and some extended hours on October 22nd and 29th until 7 pm and October 24th and 31st from 9 am to 3 pm. The Historic Courthouse will also be open as the polling place for mail ballot precincts on election day, November 3rd from 7 am to 8 pm.
Do you have questions about voting by mail? Administrative Services Director Deborah Erickson explained how voting by mail works at the meeting of County Commissioners on May 14th. Take a listen to find out how mail voting will work for 2020 elections in Crow Wing County. *Note: this meeting occurred prior to a court decree waiving the need for a witness for registered voters for the 2020 General Election.
View the results of past elections by voting years.
Check your voter registration Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State Am I Registered?
Register online Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State Online Registration.
Paper Application Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State Paper Registration.
What’s On My Ballot?
View your sample ballot Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State What’s On My Ballot?
To be recognized as a leader among Minnesota Counties in providing exemplary services.
Professionally administer fair and impartial elections and business licenses in accordance with Minnesota statutes and rules.