- You Are Here:
- Feature Links
- Crow Wing County Photo Contest
Crow Wing County Photo Contest
We are holding a photo contest to find photos that highlight beautiful Crow Wing County. Why are we having this contest? Our website, www.crowwing.us, is getting updated with a fresh look in 2019. So, we thought, what better way to put a local touch on it than with fantastic photos from our very own residents!
There are five categories to submit photographs for. All seasons are encouraged to be captured within each category.
- Landscapes and Cityscapes
- Nature and Animals
- People and Activities
- Photographs must have been taken within the county limits and in 2017 or later.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Your submission of the photo and entry form is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.
- If photographs contain recognizable faces, a signed Photography Consent Form must be provided for each person in the photograph.
- Photographs with obscene, inappropriate, or otherwise offensive content will not be accepted.
- Entries with artificially added names, logos, or writing on the photo will not be accepted.
- Minor digital enhancement is allowed, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- The photographer retains the copyright for submitted photographs.
- The photographer grants Crow Wing County unlimited permission to use submitted photographs for county publications, marketing, or advertising.
- Crow Wing County employees and their families are eligible to participate but are not eligible to receive any awards.
- Up to three photographs may be submitted.
- Entries can be submitted online starting January 1, 2019 and be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on February 1, 2019.
How to Enter
- Photographs must be submitted using the Photo Contest Entry Form Opens a New Window. .
- Photographs must meet the following requirements
- Width: At least 2200 pixels
- Size: 1 MB or higher
- Resolution: 72 dpi or higher
- Format: JPEG, JPG, or PNG
- File Name: [Photographer Last Name]_[Photographer First Name]_[Entry Number]
- Choose a category to submit the photograph under
Photographs must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on February 1, 2019. Winners will be announced later in 2019.
A panel of judges consisting of Crow Wing County employees will review all entries. Photos will be evaluated on creativity, quality, and expression of the category.
The overall winner will receive a $200 gift card. Each category winner will also receive a $100 gift card. Winners will be notified by phone or email. Winning photographs will be prominently featured on our redesigned website. All photographs submitted may be used in various county publications and on social media.