- To determine the continued eligibility for the recipients of these programs
- To provide access for SNAP (food support), medical assistance, and cash assistance for the people of Crow Wing County
- Apply in-person. Applications can be submitted Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Emergency Assistance and certain Cash Assistance programs (MFIP and DWP, both family cash programs) typically require a face-to-face interview. Those interviews are offered Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Interviews for food and other cash programs can be conducted as a scheduled interview over the telephone. Health care does not require an interview.
- Apply online: ApplyMN is a simple, secure Web application that connects you with state and county services to help meet your and your family's basic needs. You can use ApplyMN to apply for cash, food, child care, and emergency assistance,
Eligibility Screening Tool, provided by Bridge to Benefits, is available online to see if you or someone else may be eligible for public work support programs. It will ask you a few simple questions but will NOT ask you for information that identifies you. It's easy, confidential and free!
Have a question on your cash, food or medical case or our programs?
Request for Information form: You can submit your question to us and you will receive a return telephone call within 24 hours.
Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Reporting Responsibilities for Public Assistance Recipients - DHS-3155
- Income and Eligibility Verification System - DHS-2759
- Information Access and Privacy - DHS-2667
- Notice of Privacy Practices - DHS-3979
- Penalties for Welfare Fraud - CWC-IMU 179