Mail for inmates will only be accepted through the U.S. mail system and must be addressed as follows:
Inmate's full name
c/o Crow Wing County Jail
313 Laurel St.
Brainerd, MN 56401
Regulations & Requirements
- All incoming and outgoing inmate mail is searched.
- All incoming mail must have a return address.
- Books must be soft cover and sent directly to the inmate from a publisher/supplier/bookstore. All books received are subject to donation to the inmate library, however, if an inmate does not want to donate the book, it will be placed in their personal property until they are released.
- Inmates are not allowed to receive newspaper/magazine clippings, contraband items, Polaroid pictures, or pornographic material.
- Magazines are allowed only if the subscription is in the inmate's name, mailed directly to the inmate from the publisher and are on the Approved Magazine List.
- Mail including stamps/stickers and/or marking(s) on the envelope will be placed in the inmate's personal property until they are released.
- Money may be mailed to inmates via money order or cashier's check made payable to "inmate's name". The jail is not responsible for cash mailed to inmates.
- Mail that is scented will not be allowed, mail can't contain any picture drawings. These will also be placed in the inmates personal property until they are released.
Inmate Phone Information
- Phone cards - If you wish to purchase a phone card for an inmate, contact Reliance Telephone at Reliance Telephone.com or call 800-896-3201.
- Collect calls - To guarantee collect calls from an inmate to your home or cell phone, you will need to contact Reliance Telephone to set up an account. Visit Reliance Telephone.com or call 800-896-3201.