Victim Assistance

The County Attorney provides assistance and support to victims in the criminal justice system and works closely with various victim services groups within the county.  Being a victim of a crime may carry with it substantial burdens. It is the hope of the Crow Wing County Attorney’s Office to eliminate as many of these difficulties and uncertainties as possible. Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.

Services Provided:

  • Information regarding the rights of victims
  • Referrals to other agencies or sources of assistance
  • Help completing and filing Harassment/Restraining Orders
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Information regarding the criminal justice system
  • Support and accompaniment to court or other legal proceedings
  • Information concerning the status and disposition of the case
  • Notification of court proceedings
  • Assistance in preparing Victim Impact Statements
  • Assistance in completing reparations application
  • Information and assistance with county restitution form
  • Assistance in obtaining the release of property held as evidence

If you are a victim of a crime and have received services from the Crow Wing County Attorney’s Office Victim Services Program, please take a few moments to complete our online survey.  Your input is very helpful and will be used as a guide to better serve victims of crime in our community.  
Helpful Community Resources:

           Sexual Assault Services, Inc.   

·         Free, confidential help after sexual violence

·         24-hour crisis, information and referral line

·         Legal advocacy and court accompaniment

·         Support groups for sexual assault survivors


            Mid-Minnesota Women's Center  


·         Emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence

·         24-hour crisis, information and resources line

·         Court support/accompaniment and OFP assistance

·         Facilitated self-help support group with child care provided 


Victim Services


·         Assistance for victims of all crimes (except domestic violence and sexual assault)

·         Information regarding the criminal justice system

·         Support and accompaniment to court/legal proceedings

·         Services to speed recovery from criminal act

·         Assistance with reparations, restitution, and victim impact statements


Safe at Home helps survivors of stalking, sexual assault, domestic violence, and others who fear for their safety go about their daily lives without the risk of their abusers discovering their actual address.  Please contact any of the above listed organizations for assistance in enrolling in Safe at Home.


Order For Protection and Harassment/Restraining Order forms are available on the Minnesota Judicial Branch website.  It is highly recommended that you have assistance with filling out and filing these forms.  Please contact the Crow Wing County Attorney Victim Services Coordinator or any of the above listed community advocate organizations for assistance.

As a victim of crime, you have the right to request restitution in the event the defendant enters a plea or is found guilty of the crime. The court may order the defendant to pay restitution to you for any monetary loss you may have incurred as a result of the crime. If you wish to request this payment as part of the sentence, please complete the Affidavit of Restitution and return to the Crow Wing County Attorney’s Office.  The County Attorney will request restitution for losses suffered by victims of crime.

The Minnesota Crime Victims Reparations Board helps victims and their families ease the financial burden they face as a result of a violent crime.  The Board provides financial assistance to reimburse victims for their out-of-pocket losses suffered as a direct result of the crime.  If you would like more information and assistance with requesting and completing an application, please contact the Crow Wing County Attorney’s Office Victim Services Coordinator, or any of the above listed community advocate organizations. 

f the offender is in jail:  To find out the custody of an offender or to request to be notified about the release of the offender, contact MINNESOTA VINE.

If the offender is in a DOC facility:
  To register for notification about an offender in a Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC) facility, visit MN CHOICE.




Crisis Text